Tasmanian Gymnastics to Celebrate 2018 Achievements
Gymnastics Tasmania, member clubs and the Tasmanian gymnastics community will join together to celebrate the year that was 2018 at the Gymnastics Tasmania Awards to be held Saturday 2 February at The Old Woolstore in Hobart.
Tasmanian gymnastics recorded another year of membership growth in 2018 with over 6280 Tasmanian's being members of a Tasmanian club. This includes 2328 Tasmanian's who participated in gymnastics for the first time in 2018 and experienced the great benefits of the sport for the first time.
Tickets still available until Friday 25 January 5pm https://form.jotform.co/83450723290858
In what was an outstanding year for the sport there where some stand out clubs and individuals that will be rewarded and acknowledged in the following categories and awards.
Clubs Awards and Individual Awards.
For more detail on the award categories, please see the attached GTAS Award Policy. (This is also available on the GTAS website).
- Club Promotion Commendation
- Club Facility Development Commendation
- Staff Engagement and Mentoring Commendation
- Community Engagement Commendation
- Community Grants Commendation
- Maureen Norris General Gymnastics Award
- Volunteer Award
- Gymsport Official Awards
- GfA Coach of the Year
- MAG Official of the Year
- WAG Official of the Year
- RG Official of the Year
- TRP Official of the Year
- Gymsport Athlete Awards (No nominations required - based on each gymsport's criteria through the Gymsport Committees)
- MAG Gymnast of the Year
- WAG Gymnast of the Year
- RG Gymnast of the Year
- TRP Gymnast of the Year
- Bob Wherret Individual Award