What is Cheerleading?
Cheerleading is a challenging and dynamic sport which takes an extreme amount of physical work as well as practice. Cheerleaders must be as graceful as dancers, and as athletic as any gymnast.
- Enhances balance, co-ordination and agility
- Develops agility, co-ordination and self confidence
- Builds strength, flexibility and power
- Is exciting, creative and exhilarating to watch
- Is the perfect team based sport for people of all ages and abilities
Experience Cheerleading and see your spirit and pride come to life. Once you've found a club and learnt the basics, you can keep developing your skills for fun and fitness or challenge yourself in competitions from local to national and even international level.
Cheerleading has a range of competition categories, all performing routines on a sprung floor:
Dance – incorporating Pom, Hip-Hop and Jazz
Cheerleading - incorporating Cheer, Group Stunt and Partner Stunt.
If you want to take your Cheerleading career further, find out more about specific judging and coaching courses.
Cheerleading is governed internationally by the International Cheer Union (ICU).